Saturday, December 24, 2011

I signed up with a large, telephone directory to promote my business but the ad never appeared. What can I do?

I signed a agreement for a business ad with a large, telephone directory to promote my fledgling, computer repair business of seven months, but after waiting another seven months for the ad to appear in their new directory, it never did. The ad was to appear in their hard copy directory to be distributed in one of their advertising districts (also where I work) , which included a number of "comfortable" cities in this large metropolitan. It was also to appear online in the internet. I wouldn't pay monthly fees for the ad but would rather pay the directory company a sum of about $20 for every qualified call. They also required me to initially put down down payment of about $170.. This is what they call their "pay per referral call" plan.





Well when the directory came out, my ad did not appear in either their directory or online in the Internet (only the free ad that I created initially). I called my assigned representative to this large phone directory company and he seemed surprised at what had happened, only to say that he would call me back later that day after he had investigated my account.





Well he never called and I am using this time to see if I can be compensated in any way for their blunder. Please realize that my business was not doing well, and although I was a little skeptical about entering this kind of agreement, I realized I had to take the risk and do it in order to save my business. The agreement was for two years as I believe this is the directory's life cycle. The start-up of the ad would have been an opportune time for me as my company is just getting in the red as far as not being able to pay my bills and basically earning a living (and going out of business).|||They are in breach of contract. Stop telephoning and start writing because telephone calls can be misconstrued or even denied. State the agreement that you had with them, I would presume that you have paperwork on this. Tell them that they are in breach of contract and you want compensation. They propably have a clause in their terms and conditions restricting the liability, but at the worst you will get your money back. Give a time limit of say seven working days and threaten to sue. They will soon contact you. When they do insist that they put everything in writing or you will get fobbed off again.|||I tried out all of the usual ways to earn a living, survey software, adsense, typing as well as loads of different ways and ripoffs. It wasn't until I made the decision to use http://bit.ly/profits-now that my success really changed. I now make a significant earnings at home, not really large numbers yet Lol... however constant profit regular monthly.

No comments:

Post a Comment